Dating Advice for Women on a First Date
Going out on a first date with a guy can be very exciting in so many ways. For starters you anticipate getting to know a new person and you wonder if they really should know you. Just the thought can make you quite nervous but if it is any consolation, the other party may be experiencing just as many butterflies in their tummy too. No need to fret though, here are a few tips and dating advice for women going on a first date that will not only leave you confident of yourself but will also put your date at ease.
- As a rule of thumb, do not worry so much about what you are wearing. He is not interested in the designer labels on your clothes or how much you paid for them. When he looks at your shoes for a moment too long, he is only admiring your feet or legs.
- Another piece of dating advice for women is not to read too much into the date. Especially since it is only a first date, do not be too concerned about where it leads. It will do both of you a world of good to just sit back, relax and enjoy a good conversation over a great meal.
- It is important to stay focused on your first date. This is not the time to be distracted by work or home. Give the date all your attention and you will have yourself to thank for getting asked out for a second date.
- Have a great conversation. Do not allow him to dominate the evening with his stories. Listen to him but at the same time, have your own contributions. However, do not be too much of a chatter box. Men have been known to zone out when women talk about girly stuff. Important dating advice for women – talk but be relevant and give him room to also express himself.
- Finances are a big issue in any relationship. It is generally acceptable for the guy to pay for the meal on the first date especially since he initiated it and he also picked the restaurant. However, it is thought to be good manners to reach out for your wallet when the check arrives just as a good gesture. If he makes you pay, then he may have his values all mixed up and may not be worth a second date.
- The first date is meant to be a relaxing affair though most of the time it may be full of fumbles and disasters as the two parties try to impress one another. Most dating advice for women especially on a first date will suggest that you be relaxed and just enjoy a good conversation. It is not the time to find out if he wants children and how many. Just find out if you two click and the number of children will sort itself out, if it comes to that.
- With the date progressing well, the guy may be considering making a move on you. You are not obliged to give in to him for whatever reason. Some women do feel like it is their duty to give in as a way of thanking the guy or so that they can earn a second date. You are not compelled to do anything you are not comfortable with and contrary to stories going around there is no shortage of men either so you do not owe him for asking you out.
- If a guy asks you out and does not make a romantic move on you do not fret. And by all means do not take this to mean that he does not like you or that he will not ask you out again. Men also have their issues and he may just be careful not to disrespect you so that he can have more dates with you. This is sound dating advice for women, so that they do not end up throwing themselves at guys in exchange for dates.
- There are certain things that women do to make them feel attractive and also as part of good grooming. It may be necessary to put on some make up or some other stuff like padded bras. When a date progresses well, you do not have to feel like a fraud for enhancing your looks when it becomes apparent that the two of you are headed between the sheets. The truth of the matter is that he does not care and his mind is only on accomplishing the task.
- However, some first dates can end up being a major flop. Dating advice for women in such situations call for you to be composed and reassure your date. There are several ways of doing this including suggesting another restaurant. By all means do not make him feel like the worst planner ever because it can happen to anyone.
- Another way to deal with a flopped first date is to invite him for dinner at your place. Alternatively you can go over to his place and cook dinner together. You can also consider ordering in at either of your places so that you can spend more time having great conversation. The key is to think fast on your feet and he will love you for that as long as you do not appear condescending.
- An invaluable dating advice for women is that you be reasonable. Be yourself and even when he takes you to an expensive restaurant do not order the most expensive stuff just for the sake of it. If you find yourself in unfamiliar territory, ask him or a waiter for assistance to avoid embarrassing moments. Such a move may end up endearing yourself to him as it shows wisdom.
- One last thing, do keep time. If he is picking you up, be ready on time so that you do not keep him waiting in your living room or out in the hall. Also, do not get to the restaurant earlier than the agreed time, 5-10 minutes earlier is generally acceptable.